American Transformer Services, Inc. was one of the first to embrace FR3™ Our equipment and American Philosophy are geared to provide dielectric fluid for almost any substation-size transformer within your grid. ATS can advise on the suitability of a unit for retrofilling, suggest other alterations and repairs you may want us to make at the same time and take care of disposing of your non-PCB oil. ATS has several FR3 fluid retrofills successfully completed, and we have the training, expertise, and knowledge to meet or exceed your environmental needs.
Envirotemp™ FR3™ fluid is a biodegradable dielectric coolant made from a formulation which includes vegetable oils and is proven to add value to new and retrofilled power equipment, possibly SAVING YOU MONEY in several ways:
- Lower total life cycle costs due to extended insulation paper thermal life by a factor of 5–8 times (verified by Cooper Power Systems using IEEE standard tests).
- Delayed asset replacement because FR3 fluid-cooled transformers experience a slower aging rate of cellulose insulation compared to mineral oil-filled transformers.
- Lower personnel and equipment costs due to greater flexibility when selecting installation sites along with simplified fire safety and installation requirements.
- Lower insurance and liability costs due to greatly reduced risk of fire (dependent on insurance company policies).
- Lower clean-up costs in the event of a leakage (dependent on geographical regulations and other factors).
- Slower insulation aging during periods of overload if increased output, rather than longer equipment life, is a primary goal.
In addition to FR3 Retro Filles, ATS has the equipment, experience and capability to complete repairs, upgrades, insulation dryouts, bushing replacements, LTC repairs/upgrades, and FR3 retrofills. These are but a few services we preform, please call or email for a complete list.
For more information or assistance, call or e-mail us.