Transformer Rigging & Moving
American Transformers Services has the skills and experience required to move and/or relocate power transformers. If your need is a station upgrade, unit relocation because of increased load demand, and/or transformer replacement, you’ve chosen the right team at American Transformer Services, Inc. for getting your transformer relocated. Some of the services we perform:
- Prepare Transformer for Shipment
- Remove and Transport Oil
- Disassemble Accessories / Parts
- Hire and Coordinate a Qualified Rigger and Heavy Hauler to Load and Move your Equipment by Truck, Rail or Barge
- Unload the Unit onto Foundation
- Reassemble All Parts Removed for Shipment
- Vacuum Process and Oil-Fill the Transformer
Many times more than one transformer move is required, such as a second unit or spare. ATS has the project management skills to coordinate and execute the entire project.
For more detailed information on our haul and install capabilities, download the following brochure (in Adobe Acrobat format):
In addition to transformer installation and assembly, ATS has the equipment, experience and capability to complete repairs, upgrades, insulation dryouts, bushing replacements, LTC repairs/upgrades, and FR3 retrofills. These are but a few services we preform, please call or email for a complete list.
For more information or assistance, call or e-mail us.